• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a statute of limitations on Judgments in Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Revalan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I have a judgment against me that was first taken in September of 1982. I was of the impression the statute of limitations in PA was 20 years and this has now been 26 years. This judgment was for a consumer debt obligation and was a confession of judgment on the note.

Last edited:

racer72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I have a judgment against me that was first taken in September of 1982. I was of the impression the statute of limitations in PA was 20 years and this has now been 26 years. This judgment was for a consumer debt obligation and was a confession of judgment on the note.
The SOL on judgments in Pennsylvania is 5 years with no limit on the number of times it can be renewed. You can check with the court that issued the judgment to see if it is still valid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">