• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UAE debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NoneYa

I was recently in the United Arab Emirates and lost my job there. I am a U.S. citizen. I left the country owing a large amount of money to the bank. Around 200,000. U.S. Debt in that country is a criminal matter. What can I expect here in the U.S.? As far as repercussions?

Proserpina

I was recently in the United Arab Emirates and lost my job there. I am a U.S. citizen. I left the country owing a large amount of money to the bank. Around 200,000. U.S. Debt in that country is a criminal matter. What can I expect here in the U.S.? As far as repercussions?
People don't get jailed for being in debt here - you should know this :)

However, your creditors will hunt you down and do everything within their power to get their money.

When you return, in which state do you intend to reside?

... hang on, are you asking about a debt incurred in the UAE and what can happen in the US?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">