• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update on Hospital Charging for ER Visit that did not happen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

austin83

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Since you all love me so much, lol, I thought I would let you know that I was finally able to talk to someone in the administrative department today and the charges have been reversed. For all of you who sided against me, haha, I won. All of the hospital records from the ER had indicated that I had declined service and that I would not be charged, for some reason there was a billing error. I have the name of the administrator and registration supervisor in case they try to continue to say otherwise. I'm just glad someone there finally had some common sense.

Some of you all look really stupid now, lol. Just thought you all would be interested in the resolution and a good lesson in always being resolute in what you know is right. :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Since you all love me so much, lol, I thought I would let you know that I was finally able to talk to someone in the administrative department today and the charges have been reversed. For all of you who sided against me, haha, I won. All of the hospital records from the ER had indicated that I had declined service and that I would not be charged, for some reason there was a billing error. I have the name of the administrator and registration supervisor in case they try to continue to say otherwise. I'm just glad someone there finally had some common sense.

Some of you all look really stupid now, lol. Just thought you all would be interested in the resolution and a good lesson in always being resolute in what you know is right. :)
From a legal perspective, the answers you received were accurate. However, communication can go a long way. Congratulations that you were able to work this out.

Ladyback1

So, all your feet stomping, hissy fit throwing, childish behavior and statements about the clerk in the ER, were NOT true? She was right all along, and the issue was with the billing department? Now, you should feel bad about all the things you said about getting her fired, but I bet you don't.

Instead of throwing a temper tantrum and hurling threats about getting people fired, simple communication worked better? Hmmmmmmm....who would have thought?:rolleyes:

You were a jerk in the thread, and that is why you got the answers you did. You behaved like a petulant, bratty, whiney child who had not gotten his way.

anearthw

Well, isn't it lovely to see what happens when you take your BILLING issue to the BILLING department and speak to someone who has authority in BILLING?

Some of you all look really stupid now, lol ~ you owe an apology to the 'fraud'**liar' who answers the phones at the desk :rolleyes:

Proserpina

A very fine example of the OG effect.
I called this one, didn't I? Pretty sure I called this one.

Everybody line up to receive their special sunglasses because I'm just SO darned super and Very Right and my awesomeness blinds you.

Or, you could believe the OP.

S'up to you but I'm expecting a rapid and Very Drastic shortage of sunglasses here at Chez Pro.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">