• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VA Survivor Benifits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dkrnusa

Connecticut
I receieved survivor benefits, after my husband died, from the VA. I sent them all my financial information and based on that they deicided I was eligible. Now they are asking for money to be paid back because they inadvertently sent me to much money. I had no idea I was being overpayed. The mistake is on their end yet I have to pay it back or they will take it our of my social security check and I can't afford that. Has anyone ever heard of this problem. Thank you for any information.

single317dad

Connecticut
I receieved survivor benefits, after my husband died, from the VA. I sent them all my financial information and based on that they deicided I was eligible. Now they are asking for money to be paid back because they inadvertently sent me to much money. I had no idea I was being overpayed. The mistake is on their end yet I have to pay it back or they will take it our of my social security check and I can't afford that. Has anyone ever heard of this problem. Thank you for any information.
I am not familiar with VA recoupment, but according to people who are familiar, this website is an excellent source of information:

http://www.swords-to-plowshares.org/2012/09/27/overpayments-of-va-benefits/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">