• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle repossessed, can't get it back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Giddytrepidati5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

My vehicle was repossessed and I worked out a loan reinstatement with my loaning company. But the towing company will not contact me to get the vehicle released. I've called everyday for the past two weeks and they just forward me to a department that's never there to leave voicemails with my name and VIN number, I've never talked to any person that works at the towing company about my vehicle. I need my vehicle to commute back and forth to work.

Not sure if this is a legal issue, but I've asked my friends and family and they have no clue what to tell me besides calling them

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

My vehicle was repossessed and I worked out a loan reinstatement with my loaning company. But the towing company will not contact me to get the vehicle released. I've called everyday for the past two weeks and they just forward me to a department that's never there to leave voicemails with my name and VIN number, I've never talked to any person that works at the towing company about my vehicle. I need my vehicle to commute back and forth to work.

Not sure if this is a legal issue, but I've asked my friends and family and they have no clue what to tell me besides calling them
You haven't tried going there in person?

single317dad

If your loan has been reinstated but you're unable to retrieve your vehicle, you need to contact your state's Consumer Protection Office

http://ag.ky.gov/family/consumerprotection/Pages/default.aspx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">