• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wage Garnishment Refunds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mimistewart

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I have been paying a wage garnishment for the last 6 years. As of two weeks ago I have been receiving garnishment refunds on my checks. I checked my credit report and the judgement is no longer there. I have received money from a family members estate and I am wondering if I am done paying or will there be another garnishment of the money from the estate?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I have been paying a wage garnishment for the last 6 years. As of two weeks ago I have been receiving garnishment refunds on my checks. I checked my credit report and the judgement is no longer there. I have received money from a family members estate and I am wondering if I am done paying or will there be another garnishment of the money from the estate?
I don't know how anyone on this forum can tell you based on what you have written if there will be another garnishment. If you had only one judgment against you and it is paid in full and a satisfaction of judgment has been filled with the court, there should not be another garnishment of wages on that particular debt, however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">