• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do about car levy???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lcost

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? -New Jersey

I owe a credit card company(wamu/chase) about $2500. I stopped making payments about a year ago when I stopped working .. I do not have a job, I recieve unemployment.. and I know they can not take my unemployment money but now they put a levy on my car? Which they said means I can not register it ... If I can not register my car how am I suppose to drive and get a job to pay off my debt???? Unemployment simply is not enough to pay my credit cards, it's not even enough to pay my car payment, car insurance cell and rent... What am I suppose to do??? I tried explaining this to the guy from the lawyers office who represent the credit card, but he did not care and said I had to make payments anyway ... Which I don't know where he thinks I will get the money from??? (I'm not a slacker I'm also a full time college student so it is hard to find a job making the amount of money I need, with the times I had available)--Is there anything I can do to get the levy removed???or amd I just s.o.l.?? Also-are they going to come take my car...? I will have my car paid off in Feb.. does that do anything??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? -New Jersey

I owe a credit card company(wamu/chase) about $2500. I stopped making payments about a year ago when I stopped working .. I do not have a job, I recieve unemployment.. and I know they can not take my unemployment money but now they put a levy on my car? Which they said means I can not register it ... If I can not register my car how am I suppose to drive and get a job to pay off my debt???? Unemployment simply is not enough to pay my credit cards, it's not even enough to pay my car payment, car insurance cell and rent... What am I suppose to do??? I tried explaining this to the guy from the lawyers office who represent the credit card, but he did not care and said I had to make payments anyway ... Which I don't know where he thinks I will get the money from??? (I'm not a slacker I'm also a full time college student so it is hard to find a job making the amount of money I need, with the times I had available)--Is there anything I can do to get the levy removed???or amd I just s.o.l.?? Also-are they going to come take my car...? I will have my car paid off in Feb.. does that do anything??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Perhaps you need to stop going to school and start looking for work that will enable you to meet the commitments that you made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">