• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do if the debtor spent money from his account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevart

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I won a lawsuit. The debtor withdrew around $10,000 cash from his bank account a few weeks prior to the judgment. He is now claiming that he spent part of that money but failed to produce any receipts. He is also claiming that he gave the remaining money in $50 bills to homeless people. He has no non-exempt assets. He is head of household. What are my options and chances to collect the debt?

Last edited:

I'mTheFather

Perhaps some of the answers in the thread below will help:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/debt-collections-84/tenants-entirety-624459.html

stevart

Thank you and the answers at this link look quite interesting. Still I have no clue on how or if I can collect that $10,000. What the Judge possibly can do if (s)he determines that the debtor is lying about how he spent that $10,000?

Last edited:

I'mTheFather

I'd answer, but I think you're the OP from the other thread.

I'd also advise you to get a lawyer, but I already know you won't.

stevart

This is my first ever post to this forum. I live near Tallahassee Florida and you can verify my IP address through the administrator of this forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">