• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does "case stricken" mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

okiedebtor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I am involved in a debt suit against me by a junk debt buyer. I checked the online court records and there is a new entry: :case stricken from disp. dkt."

I can't get ahold of the court clerk, it is a small town and I will have to try Monday, but I am very concerned about this entry. I understand it was removed from the judge's docket but for what reason?

We are in the middle of discovery. I answered theirs and they answered my requests for admissions only. Their answers to interrogatories and document production is due next week.

Does anyone have an idea why their attorneys might have done this? Thanks!

seniorjudge

Q: I can't get ahold of the court clerk, it is a small town and I will have to try Monday, but I am very concerned about this entry. I understand it was removed from the judge's docket but for what reason?

A: This is just a guess...but it sounds like it was set on the disposition docket (fancy lawyer talk for something needs to be done on such and such a date) but is now off. That means it could be a "general continuance" (fancy lawyer talk for we aren't going to do anything till the parties ask us to do something).

Check with the court clerk.

okiedebtor

Case stricken from docket

Ok, if the case is stricken from the docket - the plaintiff has failed to answer my interrogatories and prod. of documents and they are due next week. Do I still pursue an answer to my discovery with a reminder or a Motion to Compel or do I just let sleeping dogs lay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">