• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work related

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sirtemed

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I work for a company where I got hired through a temp service company. When I officially got hired, the temp agency overpaid me. I spoke to someone at the temp about payment arrangements to get the money back but still everyday after, my job received calls. I've been threatened to have the police called, and the whole amount to be deducted. This time period only spanning a week. Today my employer brought me a form to sign agreeing to have $200 deducted from each paycheck until the amount is paid in full. I refused to sign and was told that it would be deducted anyway. My employer and the temp service made this agreement without my consent, no court, nothing. Is this legal?

Just Blue

I work for a company where I got hired through a temp service company. When I officially got hired, the temp agency overpaid me. I spoke to someone at the temp about payment arrangements to get the money back but still everyday after, my job received calls. I've been threatened to have the police called, and the whole amount to be deducted. This time period only spanning a week. Today my employer brought me a form to sign agreeing to have $200 deducted from each paycheck until the amount is paid in full. I refused to sign and was told that it would be deducted anyway. My employer and the temp service made this agreement without my consent, no court, nothing. Is this legal?
Did you spend the overpayment? If not...just give it back. If you unjustly enriched yourself with this money then you should take them up on this VERY NICE payment plan.

LdiJ

This doesn't make a lot of sense. What happens between the temp agency and their client has nothing to do with you. What happens between you, and the temp agency has nothing to do with their client.

When you state your "employer" brought you a form to agree to have 200.00 deducted from each paycheck who are you talking about? Your employer is the temp agency.

single317dad

While your current employer likely has no right to deduct any money from your compensation without your approval, you will have to pay the money back assuming the temp agency can prove you owe it (hint: they probably can).

Considerations:

- Refusing this deal will probably put you on bad terms with your employer.
- The temp agency will probably take you to court and win a judgment. They'll probably freeze your bank account and garnish your wages. Your credit will suffer.
- You'll find there's not much work at the temp agency until the money is repaid (if even then).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">