• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adhd

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arbitrationer@h

What is the name of your state? Florida

Im not sure if this is the right forum for this, but what are my rights, relating to colleges and universities, being diagnosed with ADHD. Do I have certain rights as far as professors' obligations to me, colleges' obligations to me, etc. and do these rights change if Im at a community college versus a Unniversity.

Ozark_Sophist

Excellent questions. Your college or university will have a disability coordinator. Contact this office and begin the process of having your disability documented. With ADHD, there are certain accommodations which may be available. You need to discuss accommodations with your doctor.

For example, my wife has extended test time. Note takers or extra time on assignments are also possible accommodations. Each "plan" is individual to the student.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">