• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AFLAC supplimental insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madcow245

I live in Louisiana, the company I work for is based in GA, we have AD&D insurance, and hospital insurance. We recently were offered supplementary life insurance, cancer insurance, personal accident indemnity, personal recovery, and voluntary indemnity insurance. Some people in our group will not qualify for some of the policies. I was wondering if supplementary insurance that was offer by our company should cover all pre-existing conditions? Is there a law about this?

racer72

Cue the duck!!!

It depends on the policy negotiated between your employer and the insurance company. Some states require coverage of pre-existing conditions when it comes to primary medical insurance but I know of none that do the same with supplemental insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">