• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anyone have any insight Long Term Disability/SSDI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tonystarks

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping someone can give me some insight. I am 45 years old and I have had back problems for many years. The most recent flair up has had me barely able to walk 10 feet. The pain I am experiencing has been excruciating. I have been through epidurals and spine injections and they have not helped. The pain seems to get worse everyday. I am currently on Short Term disability and that is almost coming to an end. The summary on my MRI which is two pages long reads as follows.

MID/LOWER LUMBAR DEGENERATIVE DISC CHANGE. LUMBAR LEVOSCOLIOSIS

CENTRAL LEFT L2-3 DISC HERNAITION WITH SLIGHT CEPHALAD EXTENSION OF DISC MATRERIAL. MINIMAL LEFT ANTERIOR THECAL SAC EFFACEMENT

ROAD BASE CENTRAL L3-4 DISC PROTRUSION WITH AT LEAST 50-60% THECAL SAC EFFACEMENT. CAUDAL EXTRUSION OF DISC MATERIAL ON THE LEFT WITH LEFT L4 NERVE ROOT INVOLVEMENT/COMPRESSION. DISC MATERIAL ABUTS THE RIGHT L4 NERVE ROOT.

CENTRAL RIGHT L4-5 DISC PROTRUSION WHICH ABUTS THE RIGHT L5 NERVE ROT.

GRADE 1 L5-S1 SPODYLOLISTHESIS. BILATERAL L5 SPONDYLOLYSIS. BILATERAL L5-S1 FORAMINAL DISC EXTENSION WHICH ABUTS THE L5 NERVER ROOT.

My dr. recently told me I will be dealing with pain management for the rest of my life. Does anyone have any insight if I would qualify for Long Term disability or SSDI. I have been hearing some horror stories about the application process and denials.

I have Long Term disability with the job I currently hold. Will this be enough to go ON LTD.

Any help or insight is truly appreciated.

Thanks

Proserpina

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping someone can give me some insight. I am 45 years old and I have had back problems for many years. The most recent flair up has had me barely able to walk 10 feet. The pain I am experiencing has been excruciating. I have been through epidurals and spine injections and they have not helped. The pain seems to get worse everyday. I am currently on Short Term disability and that is almost coming to an end. The summary on my MRI which is two pages long reads as follows.

MID/LOWER LUMBAR DEGENERATIVE DISC CHANGE. LUMBAR LEVOSCOLIOSIS

CENTRAL LEFT L2-3 DISC HERNAITION WITH SLIGHT CEPHALAD EXTENSION OF DISC MATRERIAL. MINIMAL LEFT ANTERIOR THECAL SAC EFFACEMENT

ROAD BASE CENTRAL L3-4 DISC PROTRUSION WITH AT LEAST 50-60% THECAL SAC EFFACEMENT. CAUDAL EXTRUSION OF DISC MATERIAL ON THE LEFT WITH LEFT L4 NERVE ROOT INVOLVEMENT/COMPRESSION. DISC MATERIAL ABUTS THE RIGHT L4 NERVE ROOT.

CENTRAL RIGHT L4-5 DISC PROTRUSION WHICH ABUTS THE RIGHT L5 NERVE ROT.

GRADE 1 L5-S1 SPODYLOLISTHESIS. BILATERAL L5 SPONDYLOLYSIS. BILATERAL L5-S1 FORAMINAL DISC EXTENSION WHICH ABUTS THE L5 NERVER ROOT.

My dr. recently told me I will be dealing with pain management for the rest of my life. Does anyone have any insight if I would qualify for Long Term disability or SSDI. I have been hearing some horror stories about the application process and denials.

I have Long Term disability with the job I currently hold. Will this be enough to go ON LTD.

Any help or insight is truly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm only going to comment on the SSDI issue.

As you're aware, it can be very trying to apply and get approved. It is essential to have a solid medical history including treatments you've received including imaging studies, physical therapy (where appropriate) and other treatments that have been tried unsuccessfully.

Now. Pain management is so hard to get right, but (for some reason) pain itself isn't generally going to count for much for SSDI. It's what's causing the pain that matters. There's some great info here:

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/social-security-disability-chronic-pain.html

It's important to remember that it's simply a myth that everyone gets denied at first. It's just not true. I'm not seeing your state in your post, but you can Google your state + SSDI approval and see what it says. Generally, around 30% of applicants are approved on the first try.

So, let's start there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">