• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appoved for SDI but denied by employer insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ineeds2noe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California I applied for disability benefits with the state of California and was approved. I was told by my employer that I had to also file a claim through Liberty Mutual for FMLA and also for disability benefits (for 5% extra benefit amt). The problem I had was the form that they sent asking me to give them consent to all my records besides medical. The form asked for consent of bank, tax, education, background, etc. I did not feel they were entitled to that information to make a decision if I was disabled or not. Medical was not a problem. The state did not requiere all that information. The department that handled the FMLA did request it but I informed them that they could not ask any more than that of the state. But I was informed that because disability is a different department that they could require all my information for approval of my disability to be away from my job. Not just the 5% benefit. They have denied my claim because i did not furnish consent to all of my records. I gave them all the medical records. I want to know if I have any rights here. Also is this what they call an Volumtary insurance program. Can it outrule the State. Basically if the state says I am elegible and disabled and Liberty Mutual also agreed and granted my FMLA. Which is due to me being temporary disabled. How can they refuse to approve the disablity and terminate me from my job if i lose the appeal.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Right - but the additional money from the insurance company CAN be contingent upon release of the information.

tranquility

The insurance company already paid him.

Basically if the state says I am elegible and disabled and Liberty Mutual also agreed and granted my FMLA. Which is due to me being temporary disabled. How can they refuse to approve the disablity and terminate me from my job if i lose the appeal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">