+ Reply to Thread
    r272 is offline Junior Member

Approximate time before payment of ssdi back pay

What is the name of your state? DE

I was just wondering if anyone would list the approx. time from getting apporved for ssdi to getting the award letter and then actually getting paid. I ask this because I have heard so many different time frames and I am curious if it makes a difference at to the state or not.

I hope that this might even help others as well as myself with questions regarding this time frame, as I know that i've been online alot checking around.

I actually thought that I was in a good position, since I went to court on the 11th of october and got my fully favorable decision on the 13th of that month. It's a month later and still no award letter, I know i'm being very impatient.
    justme2007 is offline Junior Member

no real answer - sorry

After the award letter, I recieved my 1st check (back pay and all) about the 2nd week of the month (which is when I usually get it). Generally the older you are, the earlier in the month you get your check (so I'm told).

As for when you recieve the award letter....should be within 6 weeks, but that's just my case. Seems you've called the SS office (if not, they may know), keep calling, say weekly - that way you'll get an update atleast (I think).

I hope it's soon - I think you need a bit of calm after all this.
    r272 is offline Junior Member

Update

Hi all, I just wanted to post an update. I got my notice of award today and called SSA about it, I was told that I may have to wait approx. 60 days before I get any back pay. I was also told that I will get my first payment next month on the 3rd of the month. I was also told that every thing is at the payment center, but attorney has to be paid before I se any back pay. I hope they pay him fast so I can see deposite, although i'm thinking at the earliest like you justme maybe i'll see it with my first pay on 12/3.
    justme2007 is offline Junior Member

Talking glad to hear it!!

I'm glad to hear that you're gonna be okay. Take care!!