• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

calculating wage on short and long term disability.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olsonjay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN. My question is I work for a company where I was the only employee Iin the state and when you work in the home medical delivery business it REQUIRES you to be able to be on call after normal business hours during the week and from 5pm Friday til 8am Monday. From my first day with the ccompany after two week training until I went out on short term disability I was the ONLY person to be available to do the on call which I had no issues as I've worked Iin the home health care industry for years and when equipment malfunctions or even a new patient needing oxygen on a Sunday there needs to be someone available and I was the only one so fromthe first time alone Iin my state til the date last worked I was available seven days a week 24 hours a day including weekends but that was not included in my hourly wage it was paid at a rate of 100 dollars a week. Cause with all that said my wife of almost 21 years wants to divorce and that in itself will be a new thread in that section of law. So is there any chance I should have been paid a portion of that oncall fee based on the fact I had no choice but to be on call Iin that way if I wanted the position. Thanks in advancefor any help you may suggest. �

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In 45 out of 50 states, including yours, what is considered payable under an STD or an LTD policy is ENTIRELY determined by the policy. It is unlikely that on-call time should have been included in the calculation, but only someone who has read your policy can say for certain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">