• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cost of expert witness?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kavalla

New York (only U.S. law)?

I am told I may need two expert witnesses with my case.
What (is a rough idea) of hourly rate I should expect to pay for A PHD in Chemistry and an MD.
Is the fee per hour for having them read background info the same as they charge for actually going to court. Do I also pay for travel time? How much?
THANK YOU for your help!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You may count on the overall cost being double digit thousands. Apiece. Most of the time they charge more for court time, and usually yes, you pay for travel.

kavalla

per hour fee

thanks for the reply. But i want to get an idea if i am
being quoted a fair price. what should the hourly rate be?
To read material? For court appearance?
For travel time?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A search showed a range from as low as $150 an hour ($60 an hour for travel) and $400 an hour ($600 for court time). There are too many variables to give you anything close to a good estimate.

You Are Guilty

Most (all?) doctors I have dealt with have a flat fee for court appearances, usually 1/2 day or full-day. Actual rates depend on the quality of the doctor. (i.e. a Harvard educated doctor tends to cost more than one who has a Grenada medical school diploma).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">