• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denial of short term after initial payout(pregnancy related).

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

orlowski11

At 6 and a half months pregnant my doctor put me on a physical restriction that made me unable to perform my job. I work in retail doing very physical work, initially I received a std payout, but now at eight months my insurance is claiming that I am ineligible for std on terms that I have no disability. If they determined that I was eligible at first, how can they now say that I am not? They have placed me on family leave and made it retroactive so now it will expire two weeks after I deliver. I can't return to my job that early. For productivity reasons my company stated that they want me to return when I am able to perform my duties completely, not with restrictions. What should I do about this situation? What is the name of your state? Mass.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
At 6 and a half months pregnant my doctor put me on a physical restriction that made me unable to perform my job. I work in retail doing very physical work, initially I received a std payout, but now at eight months my insurance is claiming that I am ineligible for std on terms that I have no disability. If they determined that I was eligible at first, how can they now say that I am not? They have placed me on family leave and made it retroactive so now it will expire two weeks after I deliver. I can't return to my job that early. For productivity reasons my company stated that they want me to return when I am able to perform my duties completely, not with restrictions. What should I do about this situation? What is the name of your state? Mass.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Your "family leave" time runs concurrently with your STD leave anyway...there's nothing different there.

As for how they can change their determination - you'd have to take that up with them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">