• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pippy999

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I'm 23 and was recently denied disability insurance coverage based solely on my weight. I have no other health problems or family history of health problems. In fact, I'm currently seeing a dietician and have lost several lbs since applying for the coverage. Is there anything I can do to fight for coverage? Are there any companies that are more weight-friendly?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You are free to apply to other companies. There is very little you can do to force the company who declined you to revisit their decision.

When you have your weight down to their standards, you can always try again. But insurance companies are free to decline coverage for individuals except in MA and ME, and even there I believe the guaranteed-issue is limited to health insurance, not disability insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">