• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied Short Term Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firecode

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I have recently requested Short Term Disability and found today that I have been denied for this. The paper work was supposed to have been turned in by 11/27 and was not turned in until 11/30 and therefore the claim was denied. The group stated that as long as I submitted a letter of appeals they would open the case back up for review. Is it this simple? What needs to be included in the letter? They said they now have all information that is required but an appeals letter must be filed so I am trying to put this together.... Any sample letters available or anything to watch out for? I have not received my official denial letter, just the confirmation email.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Missouri does not have a state disability program, so the requirements are going to be determined by your specific plan, which we have not read.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">