• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

california boun

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan
cervical spine surgery 5 mo ago - at last dr visit i indicated i wanted to return to work but did not think i could handle 8-9 hour day - dr stated to me that fusions may need more time to heal and extened my return to work for another 6 wks - i asked to review in 4 wks. claim was denied finding no reason why i could not return. asked doctor to submit justification for why and he stated he was under no obligation to justify his decision. there was nothing in the submitted paperwork to indicate that i could not return other than the dr said so. i lost three weeks of income. was caught in the middle cause you can't return to work without dr note and disability said i was able to return. i went back to work part-time for two wks and took vacation for the other half of part-time so that i could get full income and get back on roll. so i not only lost 3 wks of income but 40 hrs personal vacation. it took 13 calendar days to find out i was denied and another week of phone calls before i got a dr note to return to work part-time. what can i state in my appeal to get the 3 wks (and possibly vacation time) back?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">