• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability claim denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pnice31

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
MA
I filed a disability claim with my supplemental insurance company back in 2014 in which they approved and paid out for several months while out on FMLA leave. I filed another disability claim in 2016 for the same disability to which they denied stating they do not cover this disability under the sickness rider for my policy. They stated back in 2014 they made a mistake in paying me. What can I do at this point in time?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You can appeal the denial per the plan's guidelines...but if the condition isn't covered, then you're probably not going to get very far.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Let me also recommend that you keep in mind that if you were indeed paid in error, you CAN, in fact be required to repay benefits received in error. So you might want to consider how much attention you want to draw to yourself and your claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">