• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability Insurance benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

adavis122107

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

My mother is 50 years old. She receives social security disablity payments and for the past 25 years she has paid an insurance company so that if she was ever to become disabled that they would also pay her monthly. She recently was denied by the insurance company to recieve benefits. The reasoning was that she was not disabled and she was able to find employment, Like i said she recieves social security disablity payments and the discion was made my a judge after being present with the medical evidence that she was indeed disabled. she sent the same information to her insurance company and they were paying her monthly while they decided if she was disable and that they would continue the payments.They stopped one month ago because they stated she is not disable. HOW CAN THEY DO THIS. a judge, following the information given to her by medical docotors and numerous psychiatrist, declared her to be disable. Any body know anything about what she should do?

justalayman

read the policy to determine what the insurance company defines as disabled. What they define as disabled does not have to be the same criteria as what the federal government uses to determine what is disabled.

A

adavis122107

K we are working on reading through the massive packet that we requested from them. I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on it.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">