• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gnita

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I have been drawing disability since 2005. It took them six months to finally get my first check to me, then when I did start receiving my pay, I received it every month, on the 10th. All of a sudden I didn't get one until the 14th of the month. I called the company to find out where my check was on the 11th, and they told me that they didn't have to have my check to me until the 17th of each month, that it was a courtesy to get it on the 10th. Then they started sending it to me on the 12th. That stayed steady until 3 yrs. later, and my agent changed. Since he has taken over, my check has been late almost every month, and he has every excuse in the book. Last month it was 17 days late, and this month, I have not received it yet this month, so upon calling, was informed that they had over paid me, due to my social security, that I started receiving in Sept. 2008. They say I have to repay them back to 2005 when I started drawing disability from them, so they have suspended my check until it is all paid back. This has really killed my finances, and currently my phone has been shut off, my sister paid my cable bill to keep that on, and my car payment to keep that current, and we have no groceries. Is this legal? :mad:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes.

It is a provision of every disabilty policy I have ever seen or heard of, that benefits are offset by SSDI, when and if approved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">