• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability vs unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

round 1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

Hi I have a question I will soon be going on disability but right now I'm on unemployment. my thing is I got my unemployment. Claim form to fill out but I haven't actually been put on disability as of yet. Paperwork had been put in but I haven't received anything yet from them. Now should I still fill out the claim form or just wait til I receive something from disability?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Have you been approved for unemployment and are putting in a claim? Or is this the claim to file for benefits, for which you have yet to be approved?

It makes a difference which way I suggest you go.

round 1

Have you been approved for unemployment and are putting in a claim? Or is this the claim to file for benefits, for which you have yet to be approved?

It makes a difference which way I suggest you go.
Well I'm already on unemployment but my doc sent in my paperwork to be approved but no response as of yet. So do I still fill out my weekly claim form as I'm looking for work but yet my doc says I'm unfit for work right now. I don't wanna get screwed out of any money yet do I wanna commit any fraudulent claim that I'm still looking for work.. See my dilemma?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So, are you actively looking for work regardless of what the doctor says? Or are you not?

I do see your dilemma; it's just not clear to me which is the case.

If you are looking for work, then go ahead and file.

If you're not, that's a bit more problematic.

round 1

So, are you actively looking for work regardless of what the doctor says? Or are you not?

I do see your dilemma; it's just not clear to me which is the case.

If you are looking for work, then go ahead and file.

If you're not, that's a bit more problematic.

Yeah I have been looking when I've been able to get out of bed that is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">