What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH, but my employer's main office in in NJ.
I am presently on STD for an emotional disability and it appears I'll be surpassing the 6 months of STD my employer allows. Therefore, I assume I'll be making the transition to LTD. I paid for the additional upgrades to STD (70%) and LTD (60%).
1) It's a large company and my employer has been gracious enough to pay my health insurance for the first 6 months. I have been paying the additional employees contribution as I was while working and collecting a normal salary. When I transition to LTD, I assume my employer will no longer cover this. Will I then be eligible for COBRA benefits?
2) If the 65% federal contribution for COBRA is reinstated for the those on unemployment, will those on LTD, me included, be able to take advantage of this federal benefit?
3) I have been on STD for more than four months. I believe that at anytime my employer will, and can, I suppose, fire me. I assume me STD and then my LTD will continue. Is this correct?
4) When my LTD runs out or is no longer supported by my physician, what is the best way to prepare for unemployment insurance, if at all?
5) Finally, although the STD insurance company, which is the same as the LTD,has, so far approved my claim, they have made my doctor and I do handstands to get these--monthly (even though my MD has written me up for a year)--approvals. Are there any general assumptions or warnings I should take to heart as I proceed?
I know this is a lengthy list of questions and I appreciate any and all answers provided. And, hey, I'm nuts, anyway.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?