• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Long Do I Have to Wait, Before I have to Wait?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allisonpowell69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia- I applied for disability over two years ago. To make a long story short, I finally had my hearing before a judge...That was over a year ago. How long does the average person have to wait after their hearing before they hear about the decision? I've heard that most people get turned down the first time, and then have to appeal for another hearing before they are approved. I haven't received any letters stating one way or the other. How long should I wait to hear from them? Someone told me that you only have a certain amount of time to appeal before it's too late and they throw your case out. What is really going on?....Thanks for any advice and/ or some common sense about it all!

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia- I applied for disability over two years ago. To make a long story short, I finally had my hearing before a judge...That was over a year ago. How long does the average person have to wait after their hearing before they hear about the decision? I've heard that most people get turned down the first time, and then have to appeal for another hearing before they are approved. I haven't received any letters stating one way or the other. How long should I wait to hear from them? Someone told me that you only have a certain amount of time to appeal before it's too late and they throw your case out. What is really going on?....Thanks for any advice and/ or some common sense about it all!
The decision should have been made long ago.

What were you told when you called the number?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">