• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Llib

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

discouraged01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I have a good friend who has been diagnosed with terminally-ill cancer and given six months to live probably less. His spirits are well given the conditions. When I was visiting him he told me he was planning on going out of state to stay with his family who could accommodate his needs instead of staying at the nursing home.

He called me and told me he ran into stumbling blocks that would prevent him from going out of state He needs to be approved Medicare and Medicaid. He is in the transition of being approved but nothing has been finalized. This would allow him to purchase a wheelchair and any necessary medical supplies. The second is ordering the proper manual wheelchair. Ordering the proper wheelchair can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks that is if all the paperwork goes accordingly. I've been a wheelchair user for 25 years and I know it takes time to finalize proper paperwork. The wheelchair he has suits his needs fine but his property of the nursing home.

His brother had to leave to go back home to finalize his accommodations for when he gets out of state he would have a comfortable place to live. To me the way things are going he may never make it out of state to join his family. I was hopefully trying to reach out to you to see if you can help with the situation. His main priority is obtaining a wheelchair that would suit his transition safely out of state. Any ideas or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">