• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long term care insurance provider Home Healthcare Agency denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vicnae

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
My mom has a LTCI private policy. We filed a claim and now the insurance company is denying the Home Healthcare Provider Agency payment after 29 visits and receiving the full information on the company at the beginning of the service. This cost us 29 days of our 90 day elimination period and close to $2,000 out of pocket. Our Agency is Liscensed in the state of Texas and we have a RN and a therapist from one agency and the Caregiver of activities of daily living from another agency Liscensed Agency.Although our aid is non medical it is my understanding in the state of Texas that for private insurance she does not have to be registered or certified only trained working for a Texas liscensed Agency. My policy reads that they have to be certified or otherwise decided by the the laws of the state in the Home Health Care Agencies jurisdiction laws. They are denying paying them and telling us we have to start over with a new agency with aids that are certified and registered, even the aid...What do you think?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I think that since I haven't read the requirements of your policy, it would be pointless for me to comment except to say that if the policy says they have to be licensed, then they have to be licensed, even if it is not required by the state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">