• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

long term disability appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

longstocking

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
My husband was denied long term disability after having received it for about 6 months. It is a 2 year policy. We appealed on our own once, but were denied. Their psychologist's word against our psychiatrist's. I have the impression that the decision is just the insurance company's, it doesn't matter that the psychologist works for them, has never seen my husband, and is significantly less qualified then a psychiatrist who has practiced for over 20 years. No one seems to review decisions. Are appeals just jokes because the insurance company just decides and really answers to no one? Also, the medical records aren't very detailed or descriptive. How much weight would my written observations of his behavior as his wife hold? What documents should I send for the final appeal? Should I have friends or other observers send letters, too? I was told by a lawyer that he couldn't do much because of ERISA, so our only hope is this appeal. What do you think? He has bi-polar I.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">