• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long Term Disability LTD repayment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chriswb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I received STD and LTD benefits through by insurance (The Hartford) from July 2011 to January 2014, at which point my case was terminated because I was medically cleared to return to work. While receiving LTD I applied for social security at the request of my insurance carrier. There is a possibility I may now receive a social security disability payment for that same time period. I'm trying to find out whether I will need to repay my former insurance carrier. I have not received any correspondence from them since their final payment to me, no requests for updates on my application for social security benefits.

What typically happens in a case like this? I've reviewed what paperwork I have, but it's not clear to me whether the reimbursement agreement covers payment received after a claim is closed or not. If I'm suddenly going to hear from them, I'd like to know in advance!

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">