• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long-term disability proof of disability/ doctor's notes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sc

I have a quick question: I am on LTD from my job at a local hospital. I'm 52 and have had the same career for 32 years.

I was diagnosed with MS in 2004. April of 2005, I was struggling to continue to work. Finally went out on STD/LTD at the urging of my supervisors and my doctor.

I am having issues with my LTD company. after 6 months they are now demanding doctor's notes every month.
Is this common? legal? I have asked for the copy of the insurance contract but they have not complied so far.

My LTD I bought personally is like clockwork.
Anything I should be doing? My fatigue and my cognitive changes are my chief complaints. I am on pain meds and muscle relaxers: surgery is not the place to be working. fatigue prevents me from even sedentary jobs.

thanks in advance!

somarco

The carrier who is responsible for paying the claims has every right to demand proof before paying the claim. The plan administrator is obligated to provide a summary plan description to any who make the request.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">