• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss of Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MusicMyriad

State of Kansas:

I was with a large corporation while i was 7 months pregnant. I had short term (maternity) disability under my insurance policy. The company transferred me to another branch that was privately owned. My group insurance policy was dropped compeletly and replaced with a different policy in which i had no short term disabilty. I had paid the premiums on this policy for well over 2 and a half years. Do i have any recourse to get these benefits back?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. I'm sure the employer did not completely overhaul their policy for the purpose of denying you benefits. The timing is unfortunate but not illegal, and you have no legal grounds to demand reimbursement of the premiums paid on the old policy.

Kansas is not one of the five states where disability policies are required by law. Unless you have a legally binding contract or CBA that guarantees it, your employer is not obligated to provide STD benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">