• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LTD Lump Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mark6147

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TNWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I have been on ANY OCCUPATION LTD for over 7 years. I have 21 years left on my policy. I am not dying, just hurt like crazy and take lots of pain meds. The CLaim Rep and I both agreed that it is doubtful I will ever be able to go back to work. I need a lump sum settlement because of being over my head in debt and just can't afford to live. The value of my policy after SS offset if just over $1million. I am thinking that in the spring they might offer me a lump sum. At that time I will have repaid them the Lump Sum I received from Social Security Disability. It has taken 2 years to pay it back. First, do they consider in my calculations before or after the SSDI offset? Has anyone ever made a Lump Sum Settlement and if so, what is the percentage you "LOST" in taking this offer? I realize $1mil is a lot, but right now $500,000 would certainly make my life much easier. I think I could like with that. Any ideas or figures welcome. I have a great policy with a top rated company. They only ask for an APS once a year as well. So I think they know I'm not going back to work.....
Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">