• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LTD overpayment collection?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usecom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I worked for a Cingular starting in 2002 and as a company supplied benefit had STD and LTD insurance. I started suffering from stress related issues during the first year. I was on and of STD at 100 % for a year 2003-2004 approx. Then I went on LTD which paid 100% of salary for a period then it reduced to 50% benefit 2005 - 2007.

I was terminated or I had to resign in order to recieve the LTD. I also was forced to apply for SSDI. I have been determined 100% disabled by ALJ affective 8/15/2005 with a application date of 8/28/2006 I do not have an awards letter yet. Decision was rendered 10/1/2008

I have recieved a letter today from the disability admin for AT&T that I was overpaid during the 2005 2006 period stating that I recieved a 100% of benefits and should have only recieved 50%

They are statiing that I owe them 3037.98 demanding payment within 30days.

What are their remedies? I don't have any income yet. I don't have any personal property.
I am single. I also have 3 children. My girlfriend /mother of my children owns all property.
I do not owe any back child support or back taxes . I do owe on several credit cards though.

Can they intercept my retro SSDI benefit check? I do not have direct deposit set up. I know my represenative will recieve his payment up front.

I also will probably owe the admin insurance because my insurance payment benefit total was larger than the SSDI that I will recieve. I have signed a reimbursement agreement with them in order to recieve LTD insurance payment while SSDI was pending.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">