• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LTD terminated should I have a lawyer write appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steveoh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I have been on Long term disability for 2 years, and I was told that my illness is considered a 2 year illness, by Met Life Policy, I was told this at the onset, but was also told that I needed to keep them informed as decisions change,I was to keep them informed of any other health issues, which I did, and I have had several, the main one being hypertension preventing me from driving for a living, because of DOT regulations. I was also told that "we do not deny that you are disabled " but they feel that I could do something, Now mind you I am already 60 years old, 61 in October, no High School Diploma, and unemployment in our area is 10.6%. I was told I would be able to appeal once they denied the claim so now I have 60 days to file appeal, Should I get a lawyer, or is this something I can do on my own. I have several other health issues and they are aware of them as well, and I did not make a complete recovery, I no longer have the strength to do my job. I have filed for SS but not approved yet.
Do you think I have a case and if so should I get a lawyer, can't really afford one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">