• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medicaid Pay back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alricc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina.

I am a terminal cancer patient. My wife and I have lost our home(foreclosure) and one of our cars(repossessed) in the past 6 months. I am on SSDI and receive $1109 per month. We also receive a $178 in food stamps. MY medical insurance ran out August 30th,2011, I have the option to pick up Cobra to keep it going, but expensive. I have applied for Medicaid and from what my case worker says it should get approved. I did NOT have cancer when the following happened.Question.

Last Sept. 2010 my wife found me near death in the bedroom. EMS came and took 40 minutes to revive me. I was told I slipped into a hypertensive coma and I am not diabetic. I spent almost 6 days in the hospital and it took them 2 days to figure out what actually happened. I was given a diuretic prescription instead of the med for a stomach flu. A prescription filled wrong by pharmacy.
If I win a lawsuit for this in Florida(now live in NC) will I have to pay back Medicaid?? Lawsuit will be filed this month.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">