• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new disability applications, q's about pharmacy records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akfor

What is the name of your state? NJ
Hello, I recently applied for LTD insurance and decided to be proactive and pull all of my medical records as well as my pharmacy records. I have been on a single blood pressure medication for 5 years, which i declared on my application and which is also in my medical record. The problem I'm having is that my pharmacy records are a complete mess. There are medications I have filled under my name for family pets (skin creams, steroids, antibiotics) as well as meds that were purchased for family members overseas (Alzheimer's meds). These were prescriptions obtained through a physician friend and other then the pharmacy records there is no indication anywhere of me being on these meds or having been diagnosed with any of these conditions. Stupid mistake #2 is that I have used my group health insurance to pay for a couple of the more expensive medications. I am 100% aware that this constitutes insurance fraud and have no intention of ever repeating such a foolish mistake.

My question here is how should i best approach this situation. I have been 100% honest in my application for LTD however I am afraid that 10 years down the road I will be denied a serious disability claim because I purchased skin cream for my dog under my name. I've reviewed the hipaa waiver and while it makes no specific mention of pharmacy records there doesnt appear to be any clear statute which requires specific disclosure for such records. My intent is not to make fraudulent statements on my disability application but if I've set myself up for a fall here I'd rather just save the $300 a month premium.

Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">