• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nj temporary disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wub813

NJ I have a question about temporary disability>I work for the Board of Ed office and I am not union.I recently had cancer and am taking chemo,I am cancer free but chemo makes me to sick to work .I was suprised to find out I am not covered by Nj disability,I thought everyone was covered and found out the hard way.My check shows deductions SUI/SDI on the same line further leading me to believe I was covered.I was never told or received any waivers when hired.I found out when I asked that the BOE isn't covered. How does something like this fall through the cracks and are companies required to let employees know about this little detail that has blindsided me like a train.Had I known I surely would have had purchased insurance and why has the State decided all employees must have mandatory insurance -except for my group.The post office and teacher also are exempt but surely their unions have protected them and let them know about this .This state has a law for everything-shouldn't there be a law to notify this small group of the suprise they have in store for them when a problem comes up in their lives.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">