• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out on my own??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RNKarenER

California (only U.S. law)? I have long term disability that I paid for via my work. Now that I have been declared 100% disabled, they are trying to not pay and have asked for records dating 3 months prior to my date of start of work. I am depending on this money as I cannot work. I paid for the policy, now I feel like I am out on my own.

Any ideas....?

Mass_Shyster

California (only U.S. law)? I have long term disability that I paid for via my work. Now that I have been declared 100% disabled, they are trying to not pay and have asked for records dating 3 months prior to my date of start of work. I am depending on this money as I cannot work. I paid for the policy, now I feel like I am out on my own.

Any ideas....?
The policy you purchased likely had a clause requiring you to cooperate with any investigation. I suggest you cooperate, as failure to do so may be reason to deny your claim.

You may want to speak with an attorney as well. I know of one disability insurance company whose profits are up although sales are down. The only way that can happen is if they pay less claims.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Why do you think it is illegal for them to verify that your illness or injury qualifies under the policy, i.e. was not already in existance when you went to work for your employer?

Betty

It's reasonable for them to want to be sure the condition was not
pre-existing when you started work with the company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">