• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnancy STD Denied PLEASE HELP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kd604

I was put on work restrictions by my Dr. ( I Normally work 3 Days/12Hr/Day) of 2 Days/8 Hr Day per week with a 25LB Weight Limit. My work wont allow me to work because I cannot perform the full duties in my Job Description FORCING me to go on STD for the 8 week duration of the limitations. The Limitations were put on because while lifting a patient I received a horrible pain in my abdomen and went to Labor and Delivery then to my Dr. and he said it was prob. a sprained muscle. So now STD has denied me saying that this is not a disbility and that his restrictions lack the proper information to do such (not a good enough reason to be out) and they will not approve my claim. Is there anything I can do?

Katie

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can start by telling us what US state you're in, since laws regarding STD benefits are state specific.

kd604

Im sorry Pennsylvania. And I pay an extra amount of $ month for this insurance to go from 60% to 100%, the STD company is Cigna.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unfortunately, PA is one of the 45 states where STD issues are not statutory. There isn't any law you can invoke that will force CIGNA to pay your claim if you do not qualify under their definitions. Your recourse is to appeal the claim using CIGNA's appeal process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">