• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private Disability Insurance requirements!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buudang74

Do insurance company have the right to force me applying for disability insurance from government so they can substract out the amount that I receive from from the policy. Cigna told me I have to apply for it otherwise, they will automatically substract out the estimate amount from my paycheck. I don't see the point applying for the benefit if I can not get anything from it.
Thanks

justalayman

If it is within their policy, yes. Ask them to provide the section of the policy you purchased that states that is a requirement.

btw: I suspect it's in there. All they are doing is trying to limit their expenditures.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I have yet to see a disability policy that did not provide for an SSDI offset after a certain period of time (usually 2 years).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">