• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reinstate previous LDT of stay with current STD?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Solico

Illinois.
I had been on a LTD, after returning to work with different employer I got sick again and I am on a STD (have just lost this new job because of my inability to return back). I have a dilema: either try my best to reinstate my previous LTD (the trial period is not overdue, but might be other clause to prevent reinstatemtn) or start all over with the STD with the latest employer trying to convert it to LTD in the future, which is not guaranteed at this time either. The plus of reinstatement is that they are aware of my condition and are ready to pay fees to obtain SSDI, but I was paying taxes on my LTD (as company-provided insurance). The plus for staying with new claim is that if I manage to get LTD, there might be no tax on it (I paid for LTD benefits at new company). Also in case they do approve my LTD it will probably give me more time before being left with SSDI only (if approved), which is too low for my circumstances. Need to decide if I start all over or try to reinstate my previous LTDWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">