• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Running for office

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevmaster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Yes, I am considering running for polical office. I am currently on disablity ( SSI) and medicad. Could I run and keep my disablity as long as I don't win? Obviously if I won I would have to come off it but I would like to attempt to run. I may not be able to do alot of campaigning I am not sure how my health will hold up. That being said I would like to know how this would work.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Yes, I am considering running for polical office. I am currently on disablity ( SSI) and medicad. Could I run and keep my disablity as long as I don't win? Obviously if I won I would have to come off it but I would like to attempt to run. I may not be able to do alot of campaigning I am not sure how my health will hold up. That being said I would like to know how this would work.
So, if you have the ability to handle the stress of running for office, why can't you get a job?

OHRoadwarrior

Where I come from, we call it fraud when someone claims to be disabled to one point, yet really isn't and collects money for the lie. I suggest you tell them you are no longer disabled, stop fraudulently collecting the money and become a politician where lying is a usually a prerequisite.:D

kevmaster

I suppose I really want to run to bring out issues. I doubt I would win. That being said, I am getting better but still unable to do manual labor. I have looked a job even if its part time to attempt to come off ssi with no luck via the ticket to work program. I am not committing fraud by asking a question. I badly want to come off ssi but my medical costs are extremely high. ( Cathers alone are several hundred dollars a month, plus the cost of medicines.) The office I am seeking is part time anyways and I am not disabled to the point I can not walk and talk and think. I would not even think about running for federal office as that's much more demanding. I suppose everyone on this form think's I a trying to steal or something.

kevmaster

So, if you have the ability to handle the stress of running for office, why can't you get a job?
I am attempting to get started back working part time. the issue I have is I am unable to do manual work. Plus the cost of my health is too high to survive without health insurance.

Antigone*

I suppose I really want to run to bring out issues. I doubt I would win. That being said, I am getting better but still unable to do manual labor. I have looked a job even if its part time to attempt to come off ssi with no luck via the ticket to work program. I am not committing fraud by asking a question. I badly want to come off ssi but my medical costs are extremely high. ( Cathers alone are several hundred dollars a month, plus the cost of medicines.) The office I am seeking is part time anyways and I am not disabled to the point I can not walk and talk and think. I would not even think about running for federal office as that's much more demanding. I suppose everyone on this form think's I a trying to steal or something.
I didn't say anything about stealing. I said if you were healthy enough to run for office, then you are healthy enough to hold down a job. Just like the rest of us

~ this is tigi and I approve this message:cool:

kevmaster

I didn't say anything about stealing. I said if you were healthy enough to run for office, then you are healthy enough to hold down a job. Just like the rest of us

~ this is tigi and I approve this message:cool:
You find a job that will let me miss work for doctor apointments, give me health innsurance to pay for the medical costs and I will be glad to go back to work. First off I did not sign up for it my parents did in order to survive. I have since tried to come off with no luck. I just want to make a differnce in my country but maybe no one else cares.

kevmaster

You find a job that will let me miss work for doctor apointments, give me health innsurance to pay for the medical costs and I will be glad to go back to work. First off I did not sign up for it my parents did in order to survive. I have since tried to come off with no luck. I just want to make a differnce in my country but maybe no one else cares.
The office I am wanting to run for again is part time. So I could schedule my doctor apoints around it and it's a desk job. I can think I am not stupid. I just wanted to know if it was illegal for me to run.

OHRoadwarrior

Its called night shift. As you said, you can walk, talk and think.

CSO286

My job does. 8 hours sick leave per month, 12 hours vacation, health insurance.....and I haven't really had to do too much for myself, but I took about 30 days off over 3 months to care for my mother after a fall and to move her in with me. And it's not physically demanding.

kevmaster

My job does. 8 hours sick leave per month, 12 hours vacation, health insurance.....and I haven't really had to do too much for myself, but I took about 30 days off over 3 months to care for my mother after a fall and to move her in with me. And it's not physically demanding.
What do you do. I applied for a it job but no luck so far I am trying though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">