• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seizure in disabled child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rnobida0722

my daughter is severely disabled. she is a fragile type 1 diabetic with incidents of low blood sugars. she does NOT talk so it makes it hard to know & i depend on her glucose monitor. she is now having seizures. i am a heavy sleeper with sleep apnea & we live alone.
i have done some research on MEDICAL ALERT DOGS....finding one that can be trained to alert for both low blood sugars as well as seizures. it will take about a yr to train the dog & cost $13,000. i was told to have a fundraiser to raise the money.
my question is, is there other services i can get, such as a nurse for someone to watch over my daughter during the night?
i have not slept good since her seizure, where she STOPPED breathing & her lips even turned blue.
i just dont know where to turn to for help
thank you
regina

Last edited:

jmatos

my daughter is severely disabled. she is a fragile type 1 diabetic with incidents of low blood sugars. she does NOT talk so it makes it hard to know & i depend on her glucose monitor. she is now having seizures. i am a heavy sleeper with sleep apnea & we live alone.
i have done some research on MEDICAL ALERT DOGS....finding one that can be trained to alert for both low blood sugars as well as seizures. it will take about a yr to train the dog & cost $13,000. i was told to have a fundraiser to raise the money.
my question is, is there other services i can get, such as a nurse for someone to watch over my daughter during the night?
i have not slept good since her seizure, where she STOPPED breathing & her lips even turned blue.
i just dont know where to turn to for help
thank you
regina
Depending on what state you live in, there are usually agency programs that are available through the state. I have some friends that are in the same situation in Arkansas and uses a company called Pathfinders.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">