• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Short Term Disability Payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

llg871

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Georgia?

Are Short Term Disability payments tax deductible?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That depends. Who paid the premiums, you or your employer? It makes a difference to the answer.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you paid the premiums with post tax dollars, the benefits are not taxable.

llg871

If you paid the premiums with post tax dollars, the benefits are not taxable.
I am not sure what you mean by post tax dollars. But the monthly payment has nothing to do with my husband's job. It is for short-term disability if he gets hurt off the job and can not work. Is this payment tax deductible?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I know what short term disability policies are, thank you. :rolleyes:

So this is a policy that you purchased individually and is not an employment benefit?

llg871

I know what short term disability policies are, thank you. :rolleyes:

So this is a policy that you purchased individually and is not an employment benefit?
I apologize. I was not trying to say you did not know what a short term disability policy was, I was just trying to make sure you understood the question I was asking. Yes, this is a policy my husband purchased individually and is not an employment benefit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">