• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI award/LTD reimbursement question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anotherprop

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

Hi everybody, I was just recently awarded SSDI benefits retroactive to 2007. Up until now, I have been being paid by my employer's LTD carrier. I know that I am going to be writing a large check to the LTD carrier to reimburse them. My question is, is the LTD carrier responsible for the attorney fee? I had to pay my attorney 1/4 of the retro benefit. He tells me that the LTD carrier has to deduct that from the amount that they recoup from me. But I'm having trouble finding that information online, and I'm not going to be able to get in touch with my attorney for at least two weeks.

I'm not sure if I should've posted this thread in a different section, but I appreciate your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">