• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI payments to LTD company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blani

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maryland

I was approved for SS Disability. I have been on long term Disability through my employer. Now their company Aetna says they can make me pay to them the back payments I got from Social Security.:mad: Is this true? Do I have to give the back payments to Aetna? They said it was because I have been approved from Nov. 04 to present and that they have over paid me because they adjust what they pay based on what SS pays. Do I have to pay back in lump sum? Or do most insurance companies let you pay back monthly? The money has
already been spent to catch up on bills that needed to be paid while waiting for approval from Social Security. If I don't pay it back in lump sum can they stop my LTD payments? Thanks.

[email protected]

somarco

Most LTD plans do include a SS offset or integration. READ your policy.

Once you get SSDI you are obligated to pay the carrier for the overpayments they made to you. Most SSDI awards are a lump sum for back payments, then future monthly income. Is there a reason why you cannot pay the carrier out of your SSDI proceeds?

If you want to negotiate with the carrier you can. They may be willing to work with you and suspend future payments rather requiring a lump sum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">