• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI and Unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whybbnormal

Ok, here is my situation (I am in California)

I have been out of work since 5/2011 and collected UI until Dec 2012. After my UI ran out I applied for SSDI in January 2013 and put my disability date as of 12/2012 (after my UI ran out).

I was approved in May 2013. They changed the date of my disability to 4/2011 and paid me back pay for all of 2012. Is UI going to want the money back that they paid me for 2012?

I was looking for work while I was unemployed and was willing and able to work but towards the end of 2012 my disability was getting worse and made it to hard to work so that is why I applied for SSDI. I have a form of arthritis that makes it hard for me to do things.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if anyone knows a good SSDI lawyer in southern CA that could help me with this let me know :)

Thanks

csi7

No. You have kept your work search records, and you did not apply for disability while you were collecting unemployment. Keep your work search records, and the timeline for your disability worsening that you have mentioned here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">