• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ssi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mvsimmons

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I applied for Social Security in 2006 and was told I didn't qualify.

About six years later my condition led to a major stroke. I tried for Social Security again and was denied. But they approved me for SSI; first go around. I was so out of it I thought they had approved me. It took me until recently that I realized I still wasn't getting disability benefits.

Social Security admitted they had my info wrong; including my DOB. That's why I never got the chance to get Disability. Since they denied me because using the wrong info, can I ask them for back pay, assuming I get approved this time?

Also. Even if I'm approved it wont be for the right amount; because of the lapse of work between when I was approved for SSI and 2006. How does the law treat a case like mine?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">